Power Turns on and Off

Options
marmanq
marmanq Member Posts: 2 New User

Sometimes after being plugged in for around 4hrs, my computer (while still plugged in) will start acting as though the power cord is being removed/inserted, meaning, the backlight on the keyboard will turn on and off and the plugged in/out beep will sound. Also, while it is doing this it says it is not chargin

Answers

• marmanq
    marmanq Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Its an acer aspire M with windows 10. I have tried a new cord with no luck. ANd all the temperatures are within 1C of optimum. The only way I can get a full charge is to completely shut it down and leave it plugged in over night.

• B52
    B52 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem, im not certain if its the computer, anyhow it happens sometimes when they turn-on or -off  the heating system at work, but since it happened at home too last weekend though i think we need ACER engineers aclaration!! 

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

You read up on battery reset and recalibration? Search that here on forum. Should correct issue.

• PatrickNZ
    PatrickNZ Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

See other thread this was what I came up with

Re: Battery Charging Aspire E 15
    May have found the solution
    Updated Microsoft windows update , then 
    went to troubleshooting program, view all, then ran hardware and devices ,,,find and fix problems
    did battery reset with the pinhole slot in bottom of laptop, left it for 5 minutes , then restarted,
    went to device manager, batteries, uninstalled microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery , turned off computer restarted ...checked that  microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery reinstalled....plugged in power...constant beeping stopped...now charges as normal
    Above is the best of my recollection as to sequence.
    Not sure that sequence is important , or why it stopped
    Not a computer guru...just persisted ...use at your own risk...not sure what cured it...just pleased its fixed