Portable battery bank for E5-575-33BM?

Options
bmurphr1
bmurphr1 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Recently we've had a few power outages and I've decided that I need a good battery bank to keep my laptop (Acer E5-575-33BM) charged up while the power is out so that I can get more than 3-4 hours of usage out of it before it dies on me.  I currently have a handheld 20,000 mAH portable USB battery bank that also has a vehicle jump-starter and plug for charging laptops, but for some reason it will not charge this laptop with any of the provided connectors (I made sure to set it to 19V input as indicated on the charger but still no dice).  This is the first laptop I've owned where the battery is non-interchangeable so I'm looking for a good battery backup unit for my laptop similar to the USB battery banks that charge laptops but one that is compatible with my laptop.

I've looked at different models, including some that even have an AC plug built into them so that I could plug my charger into it, and keep my laptop juiced this way.  This is the only feature I don't like about this particular laptop but since it's a budget machine technically (even though I have a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD installed, another 240GB Zotac Premium SSD in the 2.5 inch bay, and 16GB of DDR4-2133 memory in it) I have to work around this problem.  Any Amazon suggestions for a battery bankup device for this computer that are portable and don't break the bank?  Thanks for the input!