Oversaturated screen colors NEED HELP PLEASE

Options
beckywalsh2371
beckywalsh2371 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited July 2023 in 2018 Archives

I really hope someone can help. I purchased an Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM 15.6 inch notebook this week. I was so excited to get this thing. But immediately I have a problem. All of the screen colors are super oversaturated.  I am a photographer and the screen colors are going to be unusable for me if I can't solve this problem. 

Is there a driver (maybe an older one but not too old) that I can replace the current driver with and get back to a true saturation for my needs color wise?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS.  I do know that some programs such as Photoshop will correct the color issue in a particular photograph, but I really need a whole system fix.

Best Answer

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

I want to tell you up front the E series uses low end tn LCD panels which are totally unsuitable for color graphic work. Most have low brightness and color contrast including ntsc color percentage ratings. They are value priced systems. This stated you can upgrade that panel to a ips type panel which while much better would still low for industry standard graphic work. Try this to help you understand both your current laptop  LCD panel specs and upgrade options. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-F-and-M-Series-Laptops/LCD-panel-upgrade-replacement-repair-how-too/m-p/484767#M14338

I can state all the calibration in the world will not get that panel up to the graphic quality you need for that type of work, color reproduction just too poor.

Answers

• beckywalsh2371
    Options

Please note, after finding no  help online at all I decided to try and make sure Windows was fully updated and then look at drivers.  After installing the last Windows update my screen now has the following choices for calibration:

Color Management

Color Calibration

Although these tools seem really easy to use, they are hit and miss and require a lot of repeat tries to get the colors close to right.  It's not perfect yet but I can now say the screen colors are liveable.  Reds are still too pink and faces are a little too flushed still but I'm trying to get there.  Hopefully I can talk to someone at Acer who can give a better way to deal with this issue.  I will be back to update as I find facts.

• Trukntigger
    Answer ✓
    Options

I want to tell you up front the E series uses low end tn LCD panels which are totally unsuitable for color graphic work. Most have low brightness and color contrast including ntsc color percentage ratings. They are value priced systems. This stated you can upgrade that panel to a ips type panel which while much better would still low for industry standard graphic work. Try this to help you understand both your current laptop  LCD panel specs and upgrade options. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-F-and-M-Series-Laptops/LCD-panel-upgrade-replacement-repair-how-too/m-p/484767#M14338

I can state all the calibration in the world will not get that panel up to the graphic quality you need for that type of work, color reproduction just too poor.

• beckywalsh2371
    Options

Much later, still suffering through with this laptop graphic/color situation.  I have found that if you right click on the desktop there is a small window that you can click Intel Graphics settings. This seems to be the best of all of the helps.  Still not perfect. I will probably purchase an external monitor to use along with the laptop to edit photos in the future. For now I'm stuck. Money spent. Lesson learned.  I found it ironic that when I used PS and LR ages ago I had a desktop and didn't realize all of this stuff.  I was just a lucky beginner. :-)

Thanks to the two people who offered info here. And to the Acer technician that actually called me (after I posted a 2 star rating of the laptop on Amazon.)  Great laptop... color situation... livable.

• Trukntigger
    Options

It's like I said. Really decent little laptop, just change out that display panel. Worked wonders for me. In that link I posted above the one I used is in it, under 30 min task and cost under 85$ usd. Night day difference. 

• supernoob
    supernoob Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Trukntigger I am unable to find your link, it was removed by the acer community. Could you post it again please?