Overall Slow Performance - Acer Aspire E15 - 575G

Options
evtimov
evtimov Member Posts: 3 New User

Charctarestics : Intel i5, 8 RAM, 1TB HDD, GeForce 940m 2Gbs, OS Windows 10.

The progblem: laptop is running really slow. Windows boot time is 1.5-2mins. Even while browsing my system gets stuck, the mozilla window is '"not responding" for a couple of seconds(e,g. opening a tab with facebook, youtube and a havier website) Every now and then, my INTEL HD driver crushes and is "revived" by Windows shortly after.

Overall performance, so far has been clumsy. The only thing that seems to be off, when monitoring the performance statistics, is the HDD speed and usage percentage. I have not used the laptop for longer sessions and there were no heat issues. There is no malware, viruses, etc., i`ve scanned it.

Someone else having similar issues? Any suggestion would be appreciated!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Could you please check whether you have latest drivers installed:https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6737?b=1

Replace the HDD with a SSD (get M.2 SATA if possible) and use the HDD for data, check whether Fast start-up is enabled, disable any unwanted programs under Startup tab in Task manager.

HTH.

• CharizardXtras
    CharizardXtras Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Have you recently tried Disk Difragmenter? It helps the performance and cleans up any unnessecary files that are on your computer that you may not be able to see. The application Disk Difragmenter helped my computer a lot and now its starting to improve on its performance Smiley Happy which I am still working on cleaning and hopefully will become faster and faster Smiley Happy. Hope this helps your computer Smiley Very Happy       -Sincerely CharizardXtras

• raptr
    raptr Member Posts: 22 Networker
    Options

Still lags even after software update.

• evtimov
    Options

Hey Char,

my laptop is a couple of weeks old. There is nothing on it. That shouldn`t be it. Thanks!

• evtimov
    Options

Hi Brummy,

i have all the latest drivers. I intially installed the ones from the CD, they gave me with the computer and then updated with the latest ones from the website.
    About the SSD, yes, it might be faster with it, but it shouldn`t perform that bad with a hard drive.
    thanks!

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Yes, it shouldn't behave like that as it's a new laptop, you could also try a Factory restore and see whether it improves the performance, if it doesn't, return it for a replacement or a refund but don't accept any repair from the retailer, good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tin27LxnBEU