Num Lock on reboot - no way to get working

Options
johnnyp_76
johnnyp_76 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi

I have an E5-571-371W

I cannot get the Num Lock to remain ON and activated on start up, whether from log out/lock or reboot from sleep.

I have tried:

Changing the registry for default and current user to 2 for keyboard

Turning off Fast Start up

Disabling Launch Manager

and none of these has worked.

This is really really annoying as i use my numberpad heaps.

Any ideas?

I have Windows 10.

JP

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

The only option that works for some is the registry hack. For other laptops there is no solution.

You will probably just have to resign yourself to having to push one more button when you boot up.

• davidsf
    davidsf Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Through Internet searches, I was able to get Num Lock on at start-up, but when it comes out of sleep or hibernate, it's always OFF.  Very annoying.

• philetus
    Options

Did you find and try this one?

1. While on Lock Screen, press NumLock key on your keyboard to enable it
    2. Reboot the system from the power button on the Lock Screen
  • davidsf
    davidsf Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Tried it but I still have the same problem:  when I close my lid to go into sleep mode and then reopen the lid to some out of sleep mode, the num lock is off when I want it to be on.  One has a choice of what happens when one closes the lid.  Were I to choose "shut down", the computer would reboot with the num lock on, but I don't want to wait for a full reboot when I open the lid.

• JR3
    JR3 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I've got the same problem and it seems to be quite common - just search the web - very frustrating! ACER seems to be just ignoring us.

• philetus
    Options

I think it would have to be done with a bios update. I don't think it will happen because the majority of people don't want it on by default.