No Device Drivers Installed for a few system devices

Options
VegasWhoa
VegasWhoa Member Posts: 79 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Unit is E5-575G running Win 10 build 1607

Geforce 940mx is not recognized by Win 10 after anniversary update and is not shown in the Bios. I have a thread on this seperate issue.

I just noticed in the device manager, certain system devices are installed(no yellow exclaimation) but listed in device status, no drivers are installed for this device.

Here they are:

Mobil 6th gen processor familyl I/O thermal subsystem - 9D31 Location PCI BUS 0, Device 20, Function 2

I/O  SMBUS - 9D23  Location PCI BUS 0, Device 31, Function 4

I/O PMC - 9D21 Locatio PCI BUS 0, Device 31, Function 2

Programmable Interrupt Controller (2006 driver listed) - Location LPC Controller

System Timer  -- Location on Family I/O LPC Controller(Premium SKU). Checked the LPC controller and it states working properly.

Anyone have any clues or ideas?

I checked and made sure original drivers off of driver support are installed.  Intel HD 520, I/O Drivers, Chipset, AHCI, Card Reader, Audio Realtek, Atheros, Turbo Boost are all ORIGINAL.  

Today, I updated to the latest BIOS version 1.25.

Something else I find strange is PCI Express Root Complex and PCI STANDARD HOST CPU BRIDGE drivers are dated 2006. Manual update didn't find anything and search the internet didn't either.

Thanks.

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

On chipset drivers be sure your using the skylake gen6 CPU one, not the kabylake gen7 CPU driver. That chipset must be installed first because everything else is based upon it.

• VegasWhoa
    Options
    I am but what's strange is, to make sure the original driver is installed, I will run the setup installer and it tells me newer drivers are installed. So I will of course Select downgrade and reboot. I ll repeat the process and it says the same thing.

Is there a way extract the drivers and do a manual update ??
  • Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Download zip, open get exe. Use zip7 and extract on the exe. Get the real files. Use those to manual install. 

• VegasWhoa
    Options
    Did you attach a zip file or are you referring to the zip file off of Acer's driver support page?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Intel chipset drivers under windows 10 are just relabel strings for hardwareIDs, nothing related to the old drivers installation.

that yellow exclamation marks are more related to I/O Intel drivers, you can try to right click them and uninstall, then reboot and check if they will re-install without errors.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • VegasWhoa
    Options
    "No yellow exclamation" that's what is strange. If I double click, it states device status no drivers are installed for this device.
  • VegasWhoa
    Options
    Stated I updated to 1.25
    UEFI is enabled.

Also, due to GeForce not working and not detected in the bios, I downgraded to previous Bios versions to see if that would fix the problem then update to each version.
  • VegasWhoa
    Options
    I/O has been reinstalled/repaired by intel setup. If there is a way to extract the drivers let me know. I think the setup extracts everything in a temp folder
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

have a look on C:\intel

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • VegasWhoa
    Options

I/O has been repaired via the intel setup installer.  If I should remove/uninstall via device manager, which devices should I uninstall? Anything with I/O next to them???

• VegasWhoa
    Options

I/O pci express is using Chipset drivers fyi.

• VegasWhoa
    Options
    Figures out which exe file responds to commands via dos.

Setupchipset.exe -extract
    Setupchipset.exe -overall

Extract, you specify the path
    Overall overwrites all drivers

What's odd is when I go to PCI Express and update the drivers to the extracted location of the chipset drivers, I Select the sky lake folder, then sky lake system inf file. This is done via the have disk. Once loaded, the options I have to choose from the list are all intel Xeon.

I then select another folder, sunrise-lp and that inf file pulls up the correct listing.

I used a program that scans your system and gives detailed info called 64extreme and it does list skylake and intel sunrise lp for a bunch of devices.

Unfortunately the nodevice drivers installed still exists but what I did fix is the chipset driver installation. When I double click, it doesn't say newer drivers are installed.