New E5-511 user w/issues

Options
Respect2Glory
Respect2Glory Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

This is my first Acer Laptop.  It took very little getting used to, and I really like the different APPS and cloud access. Thank you, Acer!

The first issue I noticed out-of-the-box was that I'm having to peck the keyboard for letters to appear, and specifically with double letters working.  Perhaps I got bum keyboard.  I think my laptop is still under warranty. Yay!

After a few weeks, STORE has stopped loading. I'm not finding any posts about this, so this could be a single issue, and a real bummer!  Store only loaded for a few weeks.  Store loads blank on the taskbar, but I can't get it to open.  An error message appears sometimes.  I haven't copied it.  Note to self...copy error msgs.

My hubby (Clif.Notes) and I have been online since black screens and bulletin boards.  We've used most operating systems (Win3.1,5,7,8, Linux, etc. & dual/multi-boots), and have been through about a dozen towers, six laptops, and now six tablets, and . Our 4 year old can un/install games... Wow, and do we ever watch over him or turn off access to the internet! And, he cries.... my poor little installation junkie! Smiley Wink

We were sole online support for PBworks.com (formerly PBwiki.com) for about 3 years. We were hired as email support, then wrote most of their help files, user files, and helped make programs work for their WYSIWYG setup. My hubby's website, FreewareWiki.com on their site, is what caught their attention. As we wrote help files for family and friends, we soon realized that we had to repeat ourselves a lot, so hubby began a website to list our helpfiles, and then we began testing and listing freeware (Windows free-software) for them to use after the found new versions crashing systems, and soon after, hackers begans their *****. Once Clif added chat to FreewareWiki, it went global, and that caused us to work all of our free time checking messages, suggestions, and listing more free/software than ever before.

Darn, my mouse/USB just stopped working, again. Unplugging the mouse and moving it to the other USB did not make it work this time.  So, I'll go post my issues in the appropriate forums now.  Oh, and thank you for the auto-save!  I thought that I had lost this post.  *whew!*

Answers

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hello, and welcome to the Acer Support Forums!

We are very happy to have you here and look forward to any comments or contriubtions you may be able to add to the community.