New Acer Aspire E 15 Boots Extremely Slowly

Options
catfriend
catfriend Member Posts: 5 New User

I bought a brand new Acer Aspire E 15 today, and immediatly upgraded to Windows 10 with it. The computer seems to run okay once it's started, but everytime I have to restart or boot it after shutting down it takes a full 2 minutes to boot, which is frankly, ridiculous. I own a 4 year old dell notebook with an i5, integrated graphics, a terrible fan and Windows 10 that takes 18 seconds to boot, while this new machine with an i7 and a nvidia card takes a full 2 minutes. I have to say I'm pretty unahppy with this situation and would like some help on how to resolve it...

I've turned off all the startup programs, save realtek audio, and it didn't help.

I'd really appreciate any insight on this.

Answers

• arronowley
    arronowley Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

probably a poor hdd like mine, i will never buy an acer laptop again, never ever ever ever.

• catfriend
    Options

Is there anyway to fix it short of replacing the harddrive? The one I have is a Toshiba I think....
    I don't think I can return the machine for full price at this point as it has been opened and there's nothing "Defective" about it, it's just slow. I got it from Newegg so I think they will charge me a restock fee if I try to return it. I'm really bummed because so far the rest of the machine is great! The startup is just horrendous.

• arronowley
    Options

nothing you can do mate, load times are only affected by drive speed, you would expect them to put a good hdd in an expensive laptop, not a toshiba one.... even my external hdd is better than my laptop one.

• catfriend
    Options

Alright so the only "solution" would be to buy a better hard drive, is essentially what you're telling me? Because I'd rather do that than return it at this point seeing as Newegg would charge me an 100 dollar restock fee or something if I tried to return it...

• arronowley
    Options

correct mate, if money isnt an issue get a 500gb ssd, way way way faster than an hdd, load times usually 10-20 second or sometimes less.

• catfriend
    Options

Update: I temporarily fixed the issue (it came back). I turned off Fast Start Up and it fixed it, however, I did a fresh install of W10 and the problem came back and fast start up didn't fix it this time...