My laptop won't start. I get a blue screen and the error code is 0xc0000034 How do I fix this?

EmeraldDowns
EmeraldDowns Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

It also says I will need to use the recovery tools on my installation media. What does that mean?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

laptop model?

windows OS version installed?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • EmeraldDowns

Acer Aspire E1-531-4682 

Windows 8

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

First of all try to check if ALT+F10 at boot take you to windows 8.x recovery and you can reach command prompt from there:
    troubleshoot-advanced options- command prompt (if this works, go to point 4, if not point 1)

1. create a vanilla Windows 8.1 installation media from this link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

2. Once you boot using the Windows installation disc, on the Windows 8.x installation window, click on Repair your computer.

3. Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options. First thing you may try is the Automatic Repair.

4. If that does not help, then select Command Prompt. Enter the following four commands into the prompt.
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd
    Once the command completes, restart the computer.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • EmeraldDowns

Thanks IronFly. I will have to pick up another ISB stick. I have CD's but the instructions on the link you sent me state DVD's which I don't have. Once I've picked up the ISB stick and downloaded Windows 8.1, I'll try installing it on my Acer Aspire. I will let you know how it goes once I have been able to try it.

Thanks again!

• EmeraldDowns

I tried to create the Windows 8.1 installation media on my ISB flash drive but I receive a message that I need to upgrade to Windows 7. The computer I'm using to create the installation media runs Windows Vista. Do I need to plug the ISB flash drive into a computer that runs Windows 7 or higher to down load the Windows installation media? Since I am trying to download the Windows 8.1 installation media on a flash drive, I didn't think it would matter what version of Windows I was running on the computer I plugged the ISB drive into. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to upgrade my computer from Windows Vista to Windows 7? I do have another lap top that runs Windows 8.1 but I'm nervous about creating a situation where I have two computers not working, not just one. Any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks