My display goes off when Battery being charged on Acer E5-511 after upgrading to Windows 10

Options
karunanils
karunanils Member Posts: 12 New User

I upgraded my window 8.1  to Window 10 on Acer E5-511 machine yesterday.  I notice that when I switch on power to charge its battery, a beep sounds and display goes off. when power is again switched off the display comes back with a beep again.  However, when the machine battery  is allowed to charge for some time, either it goes to hibernation mode or stops working since display does not come back even after switching off the power supply.  This peculiar problem did not existed when I had used this Notebook with windows 8.1 for past eight months.

Can any one help me to solve this problem as i am being forced to charge the battery only when Notebook is not powered on.

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

A BIOS update fixed Grey Bat's (a.k.a. Myotis grisescens) problem.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Restart-problems-with-Acer-E5-511-P8C8-laptop/m-p/370322#M24

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Edit: Acer also said that "Your system may require additional software, firmware, and/or a BIOS update to install and run Windows 10."

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-eligible-models

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • karunanils
    Options

My Notebook E5-511 appears in the list of models fit for upgrade to Win 10.  The compatibility issue was also checked by Microsoft before allowing me to upgrade to Win 10.  Even Microsoft had clarified that all drivers installed on my previous OS(Win 8.1) are quite sufficient.  Besides, if any model of Notebook after upgrade to Win 10 needs upgraded drivers, software or firmware, it is the responsibility of ACER to notify it for all the models of Notebook on their website.  As on date no list of drivers, firmwares or bios needed for upgrade after win 10  for my particular model is available.

The issue raised by me seems to be due to some hardware problem for which I am going to contact support team for its inspection and rectification.

• fede86
    fede86 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

hi guys,

i have the same problem, it s sunday and i can't contact support, some news? or still waiting to fix it??

thank u so much in advance! Smiley Happy

• karunanils
    Options

Hi Fede 86.

Try this troubleshooting.  Remove the Bty and Keep Power Button pressed for 15-20 secs.  Then Insert the power pin and switch on the power supply.  Start your Laptop if it boots up you r done.  Insert the Bty and you r done.

• dumas
    dumas Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

I'm in the same "boat" , anyone figure it out?

• karunanils
    Options

Dear Dumas

Find out from device manager which HD graphics driver is installed since Win 10 automatically installs later version of HD Graphics.  If it is newer than driver v 10.18.10.3621 uninstall it as new driver installed by Win 10 has compatibility issue with graphic card present on E5 511 Notebooks. Roll back and Install Graphic Driver 10.18.10.3621 and problem will go away.  I have tried it successfully.