My acer aspire es1-511 will only turn on when ac plugged in. Battery shows not charging.

Options
rpfire13
rpfire13 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have tried turning off computer and letting batteries charge, tried turning of and holding power button, this model has internal batteries, I don't want to open laptop and try disconnecting batteries. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,481 Trailblazer
    Options

If you have a multimeter, please check the open circuit voltage of the charger plug. Report back.

Thanks

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Woofie2
    Woofie2 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I am having the same issue, the charger is putting out 19.1-19.2 on my DMM,

Battery has been sitting at 61% charged for almost a month (windows reports not charging, does not charge with laptop off). Laptop will not turn on without power adapter connected and instantly powers off when the charger power plug is removed.

Attempted fixes-

Updated BIOS to version 1.09 (was 1.03)

Installed all the latest drivers for my ES1-511 model. (Chipset, video, Wireless, Windows Updates, Acer live update, Etc)

Opened laptop case, unplugged battery, (measured voltage 14.8V) verified solid connection.

No improvement in symptoms

• JackE
    Options

Try re-seating all accessible ribbon connectors to and from the motherboard a few times to help clean them.

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Woofie2
    Options

I did will try tigtning the battery terminals, and spraying them out with contact cleaner.

• JackE
    Options

Not just the battery, all ribbon connections including video, cam, screen, HD, etc that are accessible.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Woofie2
    Options

ok, will double check, I had the laptop completely torn down and put it back together with the power issue still being the only issue.

what voltage should the battery read? 

even with the unit off the power level does not charge when power is connected.

• JackE
    Options

OC voltage should be about what you measured for a 4-cell lithium ion battery.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ