My Aspire M5 583P 6637 freezes, but mouse still moves.

Options
Muhammed_Ahmed
Muhammed_Ahmed Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Apsire M5 583P 6637 laptop. After a year, my laptop froze up, but the mouse still moves. When i click on an icon, or anything, nothing happens. When i try to open the task manager (CNTROL ALT DEL) nothing happens. I first refreshed the computer, and it worked fine for two days before acting up again. So then I factory ressetted it, and after two days it started again. I took it to a local technician, and he connected a CD drive and repaired my windows, and updated the windowns and added 8.1, just like how i had it. It worked fine for 4 days, but today it got stuck again. The mouse still moves but nothing happens, and when i click something, nothing happened. 

Additional Info. If I have the charger plugged in, it tells me its charging at the lower corner of the laptop. If it gets stuck or freezes, and i unplug the laptop, the icon still says its charging. Therefore, i beleive the screen is not responsding at all.

Please help. Im a college student and need my laptop for school

Answers

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi Muhammed,

Based on your Input its seems that the HDD is failing or the HDD connectors are failing, better to check with Hardware functionality with a Local tech for any possible Hardware Issue.