My Acer Aspire E 15 E5-571-58CG touch pad has stopped working. Please help me

Mugen
Mugen Member Posts: 2 New User

First off I want everyone to know that I am new to the community and have never poasted before. The touch pad suddenly stopped working on my computer. I can plug in a mouse and use that but the pad will not work. This occured while I had windows 8.1, I have upgraded to Windows 10. If anyone has information on fixing this I would greatly appreciate it. It is quite annoying traveling and having to use a mouse where there are no tables. 

Best Answer

• Alfin72
    Alfin72 Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Well basics first Mugen, remove the USB mouse and then try the toggle key (press and hold the FN key and tap F7) if that didn't help update the touch pad drivers Here is the link to download the driver http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers You could also roll back the drivers under mice and pointing devices. In the device manager right click on the drivers under Mice and pointing devices and chose properties and then chose roll back under driver tab. --------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​----------------------------- Remember to mark "Accept as Solution",If I was helpful and the post solved your problem. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Answers

• Alfin72
    Alfin72 Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Well basics first Mugen, remove the USB mouse and then try the toggle key (press and hold the FN key and tap F7) if that didn't help update the touch pad drivers Here is the link to download the driver http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers You could also roll back the drivers under mice and pointing devices. In the device manager right click on the drivers under Mice and pointing devices and chose properties and then chose roll back under driver tab. --------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​----------------------------- Remember to mark "Accept as Solution",If I was helpful and the post solved your problem. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.
  • Mugen
    Mugen Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help. I hope that you continue to help others as you did with me. I cannot thank you enough.

• stoneyc
    stoneyc Member Posts: 2 New User

try going into the bios and change touch or touch pad from advanced to basic thats what i did and now everything works

• Paulette46
    Paulette46 Member Posts: 2 New User

wHAT IS AN FN key  I need help.