My ASPIRE ES1-531 is not "reading" my Logitech Headset

Options
Christiane9
Christiane9 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Good day.

When I first began using my Logitech h111 headset, a window would open immediately upon plug-in asking if this device was my preference - it not longer does this and in searching for a device, it is not found. Recently, I've had notifications that several drivers are out of date, therefore, I am assuming it is a driver issue. Which driver is the one I need to up-date in order to use my headset/mic as my preference and not the system mic. It is very confusing.

Any help with this would be most appreciated - I really need to record! Thank you.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,095 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

What version of Windows do you use?

France
  • Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Rule out driver updates.  If it was working then stopped something else is going on. In order I would try other USB ports. No change? Does it even show up in device manager under audio devices? Next test headset on another system. Ok? Bad replace headset, good - remove device software from your system and reinstall. Bad still? Head too audio manager, the short cut is just right click on volume control on bottom right near clock. Look for input devices. If you saw it in device manager, audio devices or on usb devices it should be on input devices. If you see unknown device when plugged in the driver for the headset needs to be reinstalled. If seen- Right click on it and pull up options. Has testing features and settings like added gain. There also is a option to set as primary input device. Also has things like set as communication device. If you turn that on it will be used first when plugged in. Key thing is it has to show in main windows device manager, if you do not see it there the and it tested fine on another computer that means the driver for the headset itself is missing or corrupted and needs to be reinstalled.