Migrate Win10 to SSD M2 SATA

Options
Snow7
Snow7 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

I have just got an Aspire E5-575-57LH under Win10, and I have plugin an Intel 240GB SSD (M2 SATA 2080). I tried many ways to migrate Win10 to SSD, including Win10 bcdboot, Intel's HDD to SSD cloning tool, 3rd party migration tool..., but all fail.

Does Acer has any tool or suggestion to migrate Win10 to SSD ?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,118 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

Try migrating your original hard drive( whole disk) using migrate feature in Minitool Partition wizard, I found it very useful program.

https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

Capture.JPG

• Snow7
    Options

Hi Brummyfan2,

Your recommendation was great, and the tool was just perfect. It saved me nights of work, and my problem was fixed in minutes.

Thanks again for your prompt advice.

One last thing to add, after finishing the migration, I unplugged the HDD and set the boot priority of the SSD to the top. After reboot, the SSD has become the system disk, C:\   Then I plugged back my HDD and it can be used as the data storage, and I keep the original windows in the HDD for recovery purpose.

• Gerry_
    Gerry_ Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

How do you unplugged the HDD? i mean do you literally unplugged it.. I just cloned my os using samsung data migration tool... and my laptop (acer aspire e5-575g-78gr) dont boot in SSD.. when i try to make ssd priority black screen appears.. and when i remove the ssd, everythings works fine... I just need to unplugged the hdd .. do you have videos on how to do it? thanks

• ailsa99
    ailsa99 Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Glad you have solved your problem. There are some software you cloud use in the future in case the case happened again: AOMEI Partition Assitant, EaseUS Partition Master, Paragon Partition Manager, etc. you could migrate Windows 10 from HDD or SSD to M.2 SSD.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,118 Trailblazer
    Options

Gerry_ wrote:

How do you unplugged the HDD? i mean do you literally unplugged it.. I just cloned my os using samsung data migration tool... and my laptop (acer aspire e5-575g-78gr) dont boot in SSD.. when i try to make ssd priority black screen appears.. and when i remove the ssd, everythings works fine... I just need to unplugged the hdd .. do you have videos on how to do it? thanks

Hi,

Use MiniTool Partition Wizard for migration, yes, slide the HDD to the left and lift it out and leave only the SSD in the laptop and it shoul boot.

• Snow7
    Options

Hi Gerry,

Yes, I physically unplugged it and remove from the notebook (of course shut down the notebook and disconnect the power first). Then I can reboot successfully by the SSD. After it I plug the HDD back, and my notebook continue to use the SSD as the C:\ drive, and the HDD was assigned with another drive letter.

• Gerry_
    Gerry_ Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

Hi,

Yup bro, I also successfully cloned and make SSD as primary boot drive.. Thanks anyway! Smiley Happy