Options
Etienne3
Etienne3 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello!

I wish to purchase two of either one of the following models for my business:

Aspire E5-571

Aspire V3-572PG

Aspire E5-571G

BUT the deciding factor will be if any of these can be ordered with a MATTE SCREEN (no touch-screen).

If not, which Acer model(s) CAN be ordered with a MATTE SCREEN (no touch-screen).

I love Acer, but I will NOT buy a laptop without a matte screen.

Thank you very much.

PS: I have already tried Acer directly via their live chat and by telephone, and they simply "do not have that information". 

Best Answer

• Syed13149
    Syed13149 Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options

acer.pngHi there!

I searched through acer laptops and found one interesting fact. Only laptops shipped with a Full HD screen have Acer ComfyView technology. This technology uses matte finish and gives a comfortable viewing and all the benefits of a matte finish. In other words, this technology sounds familiar with Anti-glare that many other laptops advertise.

I found this quote on the web as well. "ComfyView display has an anti-glare matte surface, which reduces mirror-like reflections and improves viewing in bright light".

So I suggest whichever acer laptop you are interested in, try to look for its specification mentioning Full HD ComfyView. I have attached a screenshot as well.

Answers

• Syed13149
    Syed13149 Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options

acer.pngHi there!

I searched through acer laptops and found one interesting fact. Only laptops shipped with a Full HD screen have Acer ComfyView technology. This technology uses matte finish and gives a comfortable viewing and all the benefits of a matte finish. In other words, this technology sounds familiar with Anti-glare that many other laptops advertise.

I found this quote on the web as well. "ComfyView display has an anti-glare matte surface, which reduces mirror-like reflections and improves viewing in bright light".

So I suggest whichever acer laptop you are interested in, try to look for its specification mentioning Full HD ComfyView. I have attached a screenshot as well.

• Etienne3
    Etienne3 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hi Syed!

Thank you very much! In my investigations the last few days, I have in fact noticed the same thing about "ComfyView". You have confirmed my suspiscion!    

I wish that Acer would make it more obvious on their website what this actually is.   

Reading the internet, it would appear people hate both glossy/shiny screens as well as touchscreens, yet - for some reason the laptop industry insists on forcing this rubbish on customers! 

Yes - it works for tablets - but not for laptops!

Thank you.