M5 slow boot time

Options
rixmixx82
rixmixx82 Member Posts: 7 New User

I have an Acer Aspire M5-481PT. SNID 24212929676, Intel i5-3317U processor, 6GB ram, windows 10 Home 64 bit, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB drive. System has been fully restored using the factory discs, then upgraded to system 10, 64 bit. Bios V2.22. All of the drivers have been updated to the best of my knowledge.

i started to get long start times of about 5 minutes about 8 months ago. Once in a while i  would get a fragmented blue screen that looked as though the screen had been cracked. i would simply turn off the computer and start again. the screen always showed the acer start screen but the circling dots did not appear for about 30 seconds. Once i saw the circling dots i knew it would boot OK in about 5 minutes time. If the dots did not appear, i would know that i was headed for the Blue Screen in about 8 minutes so i would continue to restart until i saw the dots.

I decided to replace the drive and re-install everything so i bought the SSD and re-installed from the factory discs. 

The same thing is still happening on the start up. Once the computer starts, it runs great while open and running. i have set the power settings to never turn off when pluged in but it still shuts down if i leave it up for 1 day with no activity. Then the cycle starts over again with having to push the start button and long boot time.

I have run "Who Crashed" and it shows the following:

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Fri 1/15/2016 2:04:16 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\011516-245578-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE00127BC5330, 0xFFFFD001FAEAA990, 0xFFFFE00128769B40)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 1/15/2016 2:04:16 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE00127BC5330, 0xFFFFD001FAEAA990, 0xFFFFE00128769B40)
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 1/8/2016 3:25:29 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010816-244906-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE001B3DCF060, 0xFFFFD000EC6AA990, 0xFFFFE001B4B35B40)

On Sat 1/2/2016 3:08:57 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010216-246234-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE001E79D3060, 0xFFFFD001650AA990, 0xFFFFE001E85A4B40)

Conclusion

4 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further. 

Has anyone experienced this before or have any suggestions on what to do next?