M5 Web Cam Acting Up

Options
ejsaturn15
ejsaturn15 Member Posts: 7 New User

I have an aspire M5-481PT-6644 and the web cam keeps acting up. When I open up the camera I either get lines of pixelation like the signal is weak or they appear later on and htent eh camera freezes, I have to restart the application to get it to work again. When I try to use the camera with skype I often get a message saying that skype can't use the camera. Anyone know what a potential solution could be?

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

In this case, it is recommended to reinstall your webcam drivers. You can do this by following the steps below:
    Note: You need to check whether you are using Intel or NVIDIA drivers before proceeding with the reinstallation procedure. You can do this by referring to the user manual of your computer.
    1. Uninstall the webcam drivers by following the steps below-
    If you are using Windows 7:

•  Click Start button and then, go to Control Panel
    • Now, click Programs and then, click Programs and Features.
    • Select your webcam driver appropriately and click Uninstall to remove it from your system.

If you are using Windows 8.1:

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)
    • Enter control panel in the search box, and then tap or click Control Panel.
    • Under View by: select Large Icons, and then tap or click Programs and features.
    • Select your webcam driver appropriately and click Uninstall to remove it from your system.

2. Once you have uninstalled the drivers, go to http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
    3. Type Aspire M5-481PT in the box below "Search by Product Model" and click "Search".
    4. Click on your model number from the list that comes up.
    5. Once the details about your model are displayed, select your current operating system appropriately from the drop-down menu besides "Operating System".
    6. Now, click on Driver tab and locate suitable VGA (webcam) driver. Click Download and follow on-screen instructions to reinstall the drivers in your computer.

Hope this will help you.