M5 Screw Size

Options
KyleJosephLong
KyleJosephLong Member Posts: 1 New User

I have lost some of the screws from the underside of my Acer Aspire M5. I believe that this is causing my laptop to randomly lose power when it's not connected to the charger. Does anybody know the size of the screws on the underside of the M5? 

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

1. Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

2. Could you post here a picture indicating the missing screws? Thanks.
    France
  • Alark23
    Alark23 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi, I have an acer Aspire M 5-581T.

I managed to lose a number of screws over the years with out noticing. I found out from posts this could likely be the reason my battery has not been working - when I took it to the shop to replace the screw they did not have the proper screw but replaced a few with some random ones they had.

It seems that the battery is functioning slightly better now (actualy charging) but it is still not functioning completely.... perhaps because the screws are not the right size and are thus not holding it together well. So I was wondering if you could tell me the correct screw sizes so I can buy them off the internet. Thanks for your help!

1. S/N: NXM2HAA009

2. Image below

LAPTOP.png

• laurent_14
    Options

Hi Alark23,

All missing screws are:

86.RZCN2.001SCREW 2.5D 6.0L K 5.5D 0.8T ZK NL

Specification (mm): M2.5x6 - Head: diameter: 5.5 , thickness: 0.8 , Phillips.

Example: Link

France
  • Alark23
    Alark23 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Great! Thanks!!!