Laptop screen jumps around and changes size

Options
David85
David85 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have an Aspire E1-771-6458 Laptop which I received new on 03/25/16.  This is 04/28/17 and within the last several days, whether I am working in my MS WORD or working online, the contents of my screen have started jumping around the screen and expanding and contracting in size until it has become so extreme to the point that it is impossible to use the laptop.    

Answers

• SDS
    SDS Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

mine, too. I hate it.......I've attached a mouse thinking that might help..I think maybe the computer sucks

• David85
    David85 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you, SDS Kudos.  You have reinforced my suspicion that ACER is essentially junk.  I have used a mouse rather than the touch pad since the day I bought the atrocity.  ACER was kind enough to offer to repair it for the purchase of a one year $199 or two year $299 warranty.  I replied that I woud own no more ACERs.  I have an HP on order from COSTCO.  I have owned primarily DELLs and they have been reliable machines.  The HP was selected because, even thoough it is equipped with only a AMD8A processeor, it comes with a 17 inch baclit screen, 1T storage and 8G Ram and costs only $499 plus taxes and shipping. It's actually more than I need at a great price.  And COSTCO offers an extended warranty at no cost.

David85