Laptop charger cuts off after launching games

Options
fluffalafagaus
fluffalafagaus Member Posts: 1 New User

Aspire E 15 E5-575G-527J

Charger works fine during normal use despite getting quite hot if it is charging the battery from a semi-discharged state. However, when I try launching rather intense games, the charger shuts off in <5 seconds. The only way to reset the charger is to remove from AC power and plug back in. If I plug the charger back in after removing and reapplying power with the game still running in the background(tabbed out) it will work doing basic task like web browsing, etc. BUT when tabbing back into the game it will cut out within 5 seconds again. The charger output current is only 2.37A and it is VERY obvious that this is not enough under full use of the computer(like using the secondary gpu that this thing ships with). So what happened did I actually get the wrong charger or is this the stuff Acer decides is okay to ship with?? 

Edit: charger is pa-1450-26

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

We suggest you contact Acer support because it would be best to have it come in to our repair depot with the AC adapter so they can see exactly what happens as you describe. That way they can test the AC adapter and determine if the issue is with the adapter or mainboard, and they can address it at that point. Please contact support from the contact info posted here:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact