LCD Banding Problem with Aspire E15 E5-523-6366

Options
Nexcro
Nexcro Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Bought this laptop and so far everything is great except one problem: Colour Banding. The colour banding only appears on the laptop's screen, not on other monitors or TVs. So I know that it isn't a driver issue. Installed the latest version of the BIOS of this laptop, 1.13 which is said to "Modify display not smooth on Windows Paint" it does improve the banding problem a little, but only a little, the problem is still there. The laptop has been like this since I bought it. Nothing fixes the problem except the BIOS which is only a little improvement. Please keep improving the BIOS as colour banding is the most annoying thing ever! The display doesn't look sharp and as good as other Acer laptops I have. And I know that it isn't only mine laptop, as other people who have it have the same issue and everyone complains about "bad screen quality" in the reviews.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Very sorry to hear the BIOS update did not completely fix the issue. Can you please provide a screen shot that shows the current color banding, so I can investigate further?