Internet problems with acer aspire E5-571

Options
Mdorrestein
Mdorrestein Member Posts: 1 New User
Last year August I bought an acer laptop. Ever since, I regularly have troubles with using the webbrowser of the laptop. It works for a few weeks or so, and then it doesn't work for 1 or 2 weeks. Which is really annoying, because other applications on the conputer that need wifi connection as well do work. So it's just the browser, google chrome, that tells me I'm not connected to the internet while actually, I am.
Has anyone had this problem too?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

I would uninstall Chrome and reinstall it. Did you try connecting with IE when Chrome wouldn't connect?

If other things could connect, it is definately a Google Chrome configuration problem. 

Go to the control panel, click programs and features, locate Google Chrome and uninstall.
    Delete installation directories C:\Program files\Google or, on 64-bit Windows, C:\Program Files (x86)\Google
    Open File Explorer
    Enable View Hidden Files and Folders.
    Locate folder named "Google" under C:\Users\(account name)\AppData\Local
    Open the Registry Editor by pressing the Windows Key + R type regedit and click OK.
    Locate;
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google and delete it by right clicking it and selecting delete.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google and delete it by right clicking it and selecting delete.
    Click File, Exit
    Restart your PC
    (If you have CCleaner run the registry cleaner and fix selected issues)
    Install Google Chrome