Installed an optical drive in E5 573G and it opens but nothing plays or comes up

Options
austinwhite842
austinwhite842 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an E5 573G which originally has an open slot for an optical drive or caddy.

I bought the correct optical drive and bezel and I installed it. The drive opens and I can hear it start to run but no prompts pop up, and the computer doesn't seem to be registering anything. Am I missing some software or did I do something wrong?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

"Step 1: Type Device Manager in Windows search

Step 2: once there locate your driver. Mine was called "DVD/CD-ROM drives." Double-click it to show it's contents and there should be another device under it. Mine had an question mark but in some cases it might have an exclamation point next to the name. Mine was called "AOPEN DUW1608/ARR" but if your's is different, it's okay.

Step 3: Double-click the newly revealed hardward "AOPEN DUW1608/ARR" and it's own dialog box will appear. Go to the "Driver" tab and select "Update Driver..." from the buttons below.

Step 4: Now, select "Install from a list or specific location" and click Next. In the next box select "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install" and again, click next. A different box will show with compatible hardware for your driver. I selected from the bottom believing it was the most recent, it was called "CD-ROM Drive [IMAPI settings 1,5]." Click next and finish the instructions it gives you."

http://ccm.net/forum/affich-7925-cd-rom-dvd-drive-won-t-work