Impossible to clean install win 10 from my usb drive on a formatted hard drive. Aspire e17(e5-772g)

Options
Kinotropiks
Kinotropiks Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hello Acer community Smiley Happy
Over the past week, i have tried clean installing win 10 on my aspire e17 (using every possible recovery and reset option from both the usb flash drive i had created after the very first install AND from an Iso dvd also created from my windows 10 with media creation tool).
Every attempt to do so has failed, at various levels of progression. It's Bern driving me crazy ! I ended up with an empty hard drive, even the partitions are gone (Acer, esp, recovery, system... Everything is gone after the failed win 10 recoveries/reset attempts !!!), making my hdd non bootable device .
If I believe these issues and install errors are caused by the system image partitions on usb/iso not matching the hdd ones (ie NONE), im not an expert and would really appreciate the help of the community in order not to create more issues than these resets attempts have already created.
I have à Win 10 64 bits family edition, that came installed when i purchased my aspire e17(snid is 61107258766.) i bought it in a french shop in may 2016(i'm french).
Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,145 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Clean install shouldn't be a problem, if you have created the installation disk using Windows media creation tool, please try again following the instructions in the link below.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html

• Kinotropiks
    Options
    Hello brummyfan, thanks for your quick reply ! Im going to try the tutorial from your link, and let you know Smiley Wink
  • Kinotropiks
    Options
    When i boot on the usb flash drive, it doesnt allow me to select time and currency and then install. What I see is a first blue screen asking me for the keyboard configuration and then another blue screen with two options available : troubleshooting (reset this pc or display advanced options) OR shut down this pc. (as it's in french my translations might approximative, sorry). Is that normal ?
  • brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

So you don't get the Install now screen(second Pic), am I right? Have you downloaded the correct version of your Windows? Could you please double check whether you have created the bootable USB properly(another tutorial below).

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2376-create-bootable-usb-flash-drive-install-windows-10-a.html

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

• Kinotropiks
    Options
    Hi, thats it, i wasnt able to see that install now (purple) screen.
    i doubt that when i made the usb flash drive (one year ago) the build of Windows 10 was the same as the actual.... I guess i shouldve made a new usb bootable drive with latest upgrade when i still could acces my os, right ? I didnt do so because i thought overwriting the old usb with newest win version bootable would not allow me to restore Acer's factory settings after that..
    BUT a couple of days ago i used media creation tool to create an iso (after upgrades and updates, before creators though) which i burned on a dvd. Is it of any help now? I have already tried to reset from it , it was unsuccessfull as previously mentionned. Smiley Sad
  • brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Once you have formatted the hard drive, you won't be able to do a factory restore.

• Kinotropiks
    Options

Isnt there any solution to put the acer partition back on the drive ? Or "reconfigure"" the drive as in factory setting ?
    If not, do you have any idea or suggestion on how i could reinstall Windows from the usb or Iso dvd I made ? Im stuck here.

[inappropriate content removed]

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

You can buy a recovery media from Acer to get the factory state:https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery/

• Kinotropiks
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.
    The snid i entered on the acer us store to purchase a recovery disk isn'y recognized ... Is it because it's a french laptop ?
    Yesterday i Forgot to mention that i had created a back up for the recovery partition (i have it on an external hdd) with acer recovery management. Is it possible to restore it and solve my installation issues ? (I also wanted to do a full system recovery back up, but ARM wouldnt let me do, there was an error).
    I also created a full backup image with a third party soft.
    Really, isnt there a way to reinstall without purchasing a recovery media ? I think i cant afford it... (Couldnt see any Pricing though).
    Thanks for the Time you spend trying to help me, I appreciate it Smiley Happy
  • brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

You have created a full backup with a third party software, did you create a recovery disk as well? If so insert the recovery disk, boot with it and recover the image to your hard drive.