If I want to 'experience' Bluetooth by starting using Optical Mouse, do I 'HAVE' to buy 'Dongle' ?

Options
Greg16394
Greg16394 Member Posts: 5 New User

If I want to 'experience' Bluetooth by starting using Optical Mouse, do I 'HAVE' to buy 'Dongle' too ?

My ACER laptop has built-in-bluetooth, so I think it is not necessary to have 'Dongle'. I am not sure.

I am not a tech. First trial of bluetooth. Actually I bought 'Bluetooth Optical Mouse' online without dongle.

Tried to connect to laptop, failed. Original purpose of purchasing this mouse is to connect it to Samsung smart TV.

Found that dongle is required to connect to TV. So, I tried to connect it to laptop.

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

Hello,

It depends on the mouse itself. Some come with a USB dongle and some do not. There are vendors that offer this; Microsoft and Logitech both offer Bluetooth mice that don't use a dongle.

Hope this helps!

• Greg16394
    Options

Thanks, Mary,

Greg

• Greg16394
    Options

Hi, Mary, So, if my mouse is provided from other than MS or Logitech, then I would need to buy 'dongle' pretty much for sure. Right ? Small paper came with the mouse says I would need 'dongle'.

Thanks,

• Mary-Acer
    Options

If a Bluetooth mouse requires a dongle, then the mouse vendor will include one in the package. If it is not necessary then they won't include the dongle. Hope this clarifies.

• Greg16394
    Options

Thanks, Mary,

I bougt just 'mouse' online.

Then, which dongle do i have to buy ?

Is any dongle (from different brand) good for pair to my mouse, generally ?

Greg

• Mary-Acer
    Options

That depends on the mouse. Please contact the vendor of the mouse for assistance with obtaining a dongle. It just depends on the mouse itself, whether a dongle is necessary or not to use it.

• Greg16394
    Options

Thanks a lot, Mary.