I have an aspire I tried to eRecovery. It loaded 99% about 4 hours ago and nothing since.

Options
blenker
blenker Member Posts: 2 New User

Will eRecovery finish loading if it has been on 99% for about 5 hours? If not what can I do?

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

What is the exact model? What recovery option did you choose? Also, what was the reason why you restored the system?

• blenker
    blenker Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I do not know the exact model,I sent it out to possibly get it reset. I tried eRecovery and it only loaded 99% twice so I checked here with no help. I called the support center and did all he told me to. I ended up with (loading windows, then about 30 seconds later an error message saying windows started unexpectly or an error occured click OK to reset) I did this so ofted I probably wore out the computer. I tried to reset because I could not play games on facebook. I got an error message saying they could not connect to adobe something. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that did not work so I thought I would reset the whole thing because I did not have a recovery timeline.
  • Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

Generally if it will not restore this indicates a bad hard drive or other hardware problem with the system. That would be the first thing to try, is a new hard drive and restore using recovery media. If a back up was not created prior to this occuring, you should be able to purchase recovery media from the Acer store at https://store.acer.com/en-us/.