I have an aspire 5253, power on shows normal bright screen with Acer logo and F2 set up

Options
nilessa
nilessa Member Posts: 5 New User

I have an aspire 5253, power on shows normal bright screen with Acer logo and F2 set up at the bottom, but just for a few seconds then it goes very dark, almost impossible to see what is on screen but there is something there.

I hook up a monitor on VGA connector and th PC works fine.

I updated drivers, but it always shows only one screen available,  like the main screen attached to the PC was'nt there at all

doing detect does not bring it back, and isentified on ly show 1 on both screens, PC built in screen always very dark, like the back light is not on

restarting always shows perfect screen for few seconds then dark

thanks for help

Best Answer

• nilessa
    Answer ✓
    Options

by accident I moved the flat cable from power button to the board and the screen turned on

I verifed the cable it has been slightly broken by the brokrn hinge

I just had to patch the cable and now it's working fine

Answers

• Alfin72
    Alfin72 Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    You could try a power option reset Press and hold the windows key with your left hand and then tap on the letter X key with your right hand. Then chose power options from the list. Chose change plan settings. (balanced) Chose Restore default settings for this plan. Save the settings. change the brightness in the power setting all the way up ---------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​----------------------------- Remember to mark "Accept as Solution",If I was helpful and the post solved your problem. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.
  • nilessa
    Options

when doing win+X it comes to windows mobiity center and I don't see Chose change plan settings.

what do I did wrong

• Alfin72
    Alfin72 Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    You can find the power option in control panel once you cange the view by to small icon on the top right hand side. follow the above steps from there. --------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​----------------------------- Remember to mark "Accept as Solution",If I was helpful and the post solved your problem. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.
  • nilessa
    Options

did not any good

with the monitor attached I went in bios set-up, set it to show all displays at start up

what good this did is now when pressing on button I see the clear (well back lit) screen a little longer, then dark black

I tought if the screen was busted I could not see those few seconds at start at all, would I?

I notced that hinge on the power side was moving and lifting the cover

since I've opened a lots of laptops to service them, I opened mine as per a good video on youtube

and the support of that hinge was broken and was pressing the bottom of power mini board

I've checked if cables were cut or other dammage aroun that hinge, but all seems ok

so I've just replug keyboard an power mini board (without reclosing the PC shell), hoping to see that the hinge was causing a default on wires auround it

but no luck, it's the same thing good clear screen for few seconds on power on then black again, i've try to carefully move the wires n case of a bad connection, but nothing change

what's the next step?

I asked on google Acer black screen, and there a lot of video of guys flashing Bios via a usb, since it's not the same model as mine I didn't try, but is this an option? if so what are the steps?

thanks again

• nilessa
    Options

by the way, opening it made me fix the hinge and loosen the nut that caused it to break in the first place

• nilessa
    Answer ✓
    Options

by accident I moved the flat cable from power button to the board and the screen turned on

I verifed the cable it has been slightly broken by the brokrn hinge

I just had to patch the cable and now it's working fine