I have an Acer Aspire M5-581T(G)

jojo291966
jojo291966 Member Posts: 7 New User

I have an Acer Aspire M5-581-6807. The computer turns on (both battery and corded); however, it is very fast and goes from the Acer logo screen to the following message "No bootable devise, hit any key" and an "ok" is highlighted. The problem is that none of the keys respond even though the backlit keyboard is on. The computer is stuck on the "no bootable devise screen, hit any key". I have tried inserting my recovery discs, etc. but nothing seems to work. I would appreciate any and all feedback. Thank you, Joanne

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

are you able to enter BIOS pressing F2 at boot?

if so, check if your HDD is listed under SATA devices.

i suspect an HDD issue.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jojo291966

Hi,

Thanks for getting back. No, I am unable to get into BIOS with F2. At power on it goes very quickly from Acer logo screen to the "no bootable device..." message. Could I need a new keyboard?

• IronFly
    Try with an USB keyboard, maybe ask to a friend if you don't have a spare.
  • jojo291966

Okay, so I have a new keyboard (needed one anyway), I have a new HDD, and i tried to use an external keybaord. Ahhhh! Nothing works. I still get the stupid message No bootabale device hit any key.... I also made sure all the connections inside were good. Not sure what to do now? Thanks so much for your continued help and feedback - I amstubborn and want to figure out and fix this myself but maybe not menat to be.

• IronFly

So, you swaped to a new HDD and connected a new keyboard?

are you trying to boot from your recovery disks?

would you mind to try to create a windows 10 bootable media and check if you can boot?

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

please use a flash drive if possible.

• jojo291966

I will try now! Tahnks!