I have Acer E5-571. After shut down I have to long press power button

Options
stefma
stefma Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Acer E5-571 with Windows 10. After I shut it down my laptop's screen goes black. When I want to turn it on again it doesn't react to the mouse, the keyboard or to a single press of the power button. I have to long press the power button to turn it off, and only then I can start it with a single press of the power button. Pease help

Best Answer

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry your having problems with your computer.... Have you done any type of hardware change? Moved things from around the power button that may have moved the placement of it... If no. try this....

Remove all power items from the computer, Battery, and charger cord, Unplug anything that may be pluged into it. Then press and hold the power button for 1 min.... After that put things back together and try and turn on see if that helps at all! 

James

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry your having problems with your computer.... Have you done any type of hardware change? Moved things from around the power button that may have moved the placement of it... If no. try this....

Remove all power items from the computer, Battery, and charger cord, Unplug anything that may be pluged into it. Then press and hold the power button for 1 min.... After that put things back together and try and turn on see if that helps at all! 

James

• stefma
    stefma Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello,

I turned off my computer several times after your reply, and it seems to be working great for now. Fingers crossed. Thanks a lot!