I am attempting to connect a Vizio soundbar to my Acer laptop with bluetooth, it will not pair.

Options
GA_Boy
GA_Boy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

The Bluetooth devise indicates it is working, but it will not pair with my Vizio Soundbar.  The Soundbar pair with my Cell Phone properly.  I have uninstalled the laptop enternal Bluetooth device, and installed, but no success.

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

If you have never used bluetooth on the laptop before, make sure bluetooth is enabled and try pairing another bluetooth device such as a headset or mouse, etc. If they will pair then the bluetooth on the laptop is working as it should. At that point please contact Vizio for assistance or perhaps users here on this forum can provide help for this as well. If you cannot get any bluetooth device to pair on the laptop, please contact Acer support from the contact info posted here:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

• GA_Boy
    GA_Boy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Mary,

Thanks for the comments.  Yes, I have never used Bluetooth on any of my computers before.  I had hoped that I could activate Bluetooth and play music from my laptop to the new soundbar using Wimamp.  Nothing tried, nothing gained.  It was a thought and not a necessity, so I'll drop this idea and go on my merry way.  Again, Thanks for the replay. GA_Boy