How to backup Acer Aspire E15 after Win10 upgrade

Options
OldieDi
OldieDi Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm English, living in France.  French friend needed a new laptop so I helped to choose: Acer Aspire E 15 (core i3, 4Gb, 1000 GB HDD).  I booted it up, completed 8.1 updates and immediately upgraded it to Win 10 for her and would now like to backup the drive.  My own Acer laptop Win 7 came with Acer Backup Manager, a brilliant and easy to use tool which I used during my original build and after upgrading to Win 10 and Office 365, but the only option I could find on the new laptop is a restore to factory settings routine which is not appropriate now.

I tried to download Acer backup manager 4.0.0.71 but it would not install in Win 10.

I am a technical support professional, but my French friend is not, and a regular backup routine will simplify my support role considerably. I also prefer to work in English - my French is good but not always good enough to avoid making technical mistakes when misunderstanding options.  Sadly my own Acer is in bits on the table awaiting a new HDD (out of guarantee) so I can't compare English and French instructions between mine and my friend's!

If all else fails I'll try using Windows 10's routines or try my old version of Ghost in Win 10, but if anyone knows where I can find Acer BAckup Manager for Win 10, I'd be very grateful.

btw, the new Acer laptop came with loads of adware and a broser hijacker (all uninstalled/disabled immediately).  Why is this necessary? Does the purchase price not make Acer a profit or are the laptops being sold at a loss?

Answers