error "Your DIMM1 and DIMM2 Module Organization is not the same?" - aspire E5-511

Options
bhuygc
bhuygc Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2021 in Aspire Laptops

How do I fix the error "Your DIMM1 and DIMM2 Module Organization is not the same?"

my acer: E5-511

I using ram kingston 2g. I add other ram kingmax 2g and recieve error  "Your DIMM1 and DIMM2 Module Organization is not the same?"

I follow assit: pluggin and charge in 2-4 hour but not susccess.

How do I fix the error "Your DIMM1 and DIMM2 Module Organization is not the same?"

thanks

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• techy
    techy Member Posts: 56 Troubleshooter
    Options

from what i am reading of your post very likely your problem is the two sticks of ram can not function in your computer together, when adding memory to a computer the ram sticks should have the same timing spec, using the same brand of memory is always the best choice, try each stick alone in your machine to make sure both work, if they do then they are incompatible together and you then need to replace one, I assume the kingston stick was the original and is of good quality and that`s what i would have added, using the same brand give you less hassle of ram issues, give it a try and see.

• Kenbruin
    Kenbruin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    When I turned on my laptop the following appeared on the screen:  Warning!!!Your DIMM1 and DIMM2'sModuleOrganization is not the same, please check it-!!.  How do I try and check it if I cannot gain access to my laptop?
  • ARB
    ARB Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    When I turned on my laptop the following appeared on the screen:  Warning!!!Your DIMM1 and DIMM2'sModuleOrganization is not the same, please check it-!!.  How do I try and check it if I cannot gain access to my laptop?
  • Bearmom
    Bearmom Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Did u find out how to fix this? Mine just did the same when turned on
  • dohlesrocks
    dohlesrocks Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    ARB said:
    Good morning i am not very computer literate and i have just turned an old aspire laptop on and got the same message as ARB. Please would there be someone who could work me through fixing the problem as i would really like to allow my granddaughter access to the laptop for her homework? Thank you in anticipation
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    ARB said:
    Good morning i am not very computer literate and i have just turned an old aspire laptop on and got the same message as ARB. Please would there be someone who could work me through fixing the problem as i would really like to allow my granddaughter access to the laptop for her homework? Thank you in anticipation

In order to keep the Forum better organized please start a new Topic of your own for your question, this one is more than 4 years old.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• mcotigno
    mcotigno Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello, I have the same error. My problem is I opened the laptop and the mother board actually has two slots, while the ACER web site specs say this model only has 1 slot ?  The one slot that has a memory card has a kingston 8gb 2rx8 pc3l. The laptop is an E5-511P-P8BA, part number NX.MNZAA.007. 

Any ideas ??
  • Apretto
    Apretto Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    "Your DIMM1 and DIMM2 Module Organization is not the same"

I searched for this solution in another blog and it works fine. I could access the notebook and the Acer logo starded with succesfully. 

Steps:
    1) Power the system off and connect the AC adapter and charge the system for 2 to 4 hours.

2) Remove the DIMM Module (Should you have only one this is fine)
    Ensure your DIMMS are the matching modules (Same model number).
    press the power button on the laptop 15 times then hold it down for 30 seconds.
    Place the DIMMS back in their slots, close the door and replace the battery.
    Turn on the laptop and you should see the ACER logo.

I hope it help another one with the same issue!  :)
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Apretto,

Good to know thanks for your information. It will be useful for many people.