How do I add an internal DVD player to my Acer Aspire E5-575G-728Q?

Options
Brandon11
Brandon11 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi I was just wondering how I would go about adding an internal DVD player to my Aspire E5-575G-728Q. I was wondering if there is a slot for it or would I have to remove my 256GB SSD to add the optical drive? Also if it's not too much to ask, I'd like to know what part numbers I would need for the optical drive, bracket, and bezel that would fit my laptop. Thanks in advance!

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,093 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

If you remove the dummy ODD (black plastic part), do you see a SATA connector in the bottom of the housing?

LT-ODD SATA connector

France
  • Brandon11
    Options

Yes I do see one

• laurent_14
    Options

Okay. Here are the needed parts (bezel+one DVD drive):

Spoiler
    Part numberDescription
    42.GDZN7.001ODD.BEZEL.W/BUTTON/LED.BLACK
    KO.0080D.019DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X.W/O.BEZEL (Hitachi Lg Data Storage)
    KO.0080F.008DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X.W/O.BEZEL (Philips Lite-on Digital Solutions)
    KO.0080F.011DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X.W/O.BEZEL (Philips Lite-on Digital Solutions)
    KO.0080F.013DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X.W/O.BEZEL (Philips Lite-on Digital Solutions)

You'll be able to reuse the bracket and screw(s) of the dummy ODD tray and to buy the parts from this reseller.

France
  • Brandon11
    Options

Thank you so much! I see you listed 4 different drives, do you recommend one in particular? Or are they the same just different price points?

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

You're welcome. These are similar models so you can buy the cheapest drive. Just for information, the list shows the models from the oldest to the newest. Personally, I'm a LG fan but it's only my opinion. Smiley Very Happy

France
  • Jiken
    Jiken Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am trying to install a Blu Ray drive in my own 728Q, but am having a hard time finding any 9.0mm ones available for purchase in the US.  Do the 9.5 mm drives fit/work, by chance?  Or alternatively, if you know where I can buy a UJ273 in the US, that would also be helpful.  Thanks!