How can i Enable amd-v virtualization or svm Acer Aspire E5-553G-F1J2

Got
Got Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2018 in Aspire Laptops
my laptop is Acer Aspire E5-553G-F1J2
I can't find cpu configuration on bios my cpu is amd fx9800p. I find many way on the internet but still notting.
I just want to turn on svm for android studio.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

no way to enable virtualization on your model, at least until Acer will do a BIOS update (never seen one to enable Virtualization)

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • User88833888
    User88833888 Member Posts: 3 New User
    great question. This is a serious deal-breaker for me. Acer really need to update their bios to make it available as other manufacturers do. I was also looking at the E553G with Prosessor AMD APU Quad-Core Processor FX-9800P, 2MB L2 cache, up to 3.6GHz (BRISTOL RIDGE) online. I was going to buy this instead of Asus. But now I see you cant enable virtualization (??) , (unless you modify the bios and thereby break official warranty) , so I wont get it. Thanks for letting me know mate. You saved me wasting alot money. However, If Acer does do the right thing to upgrade its bios to include Virtualization in the next month, I am sure alot of people will switch to Acer including me. Request: Acer PLEASE make Virtualization available for us.
  • HsinHung_Yu
    HsinHung_Yu Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

great question. This is a serious deal-breaker for me. Acer really need to update their bios to make it available as other manufacturers do. I was also looking at the E553G with Prosessor AMD APU Quad-Core Processor FX-9800P, 2MB L2 cache, up to 3.6GHz (BRISTOL RIDGE) online. I was going to buy this instead of Asus. But now I see you cant enable virtualization (??) , (unless you modify the bios and thereby break official warranty) , so I wont get it. Thanks for letting me know mate. You saved me wasting alot money. However, If Acer does do the right thing to upgrade its bios to include Virtualization in the next month, I am sure alot of people will switch to Acer including me. Request: Acer PLEASE make Virtualization available for us.
    Definitely, this computer is great!  As a matter of fact, this is my fourth Acer computer and I never have any issue with either RAID or virtualization.  Until this notebook PC, I am so fed up with the lock of AMD-V that I could not run VMWare, BlueStack and so on!  A lesson learned, better check BIOS functions before any purchase.
  • Daaave
    Daaave Member Posts: 1 New User
    Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention, and now I'm sitting here with 4 cores, and some pretty good graphics, and I can't run VirtualBox, which was one of the main reasons to get this machine. I sent an e-mail to Acer concerning this problem, but so far, no reply. Lack of attention to detail will get you every time.
  • AathiThiagarajah200
    AathiThiagarajah200 Member Posts: 2 New User
    So so I might found a Solution To Enable Virtualization On The Acer E553G 
    All You Have To Do Is Hit The FN and Tab Key Wait For 3 Seconds And Hit The Power Button And Hit The F2 Key To Bring Up The Bios and Scroll Over To The Advanced Section and Hit The CPU Settings In The Bottom And Enable SVM and Head Into Task Manager To Make Sure That Virtualization Is Enabled.
  • TONiX
    TONiX Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am usinng an external keyboard how do i press FN? and tab key?