Hi, just bought ACER F5-f73G-74NG, what bloatware can I uninstall

Options
weedkill3
weedkill3 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello, all, just bought the Acer F15 (F5-573g-74ng) from Costco online.

My questions:

1. Can someone give a list of unnecessary software to uninstall (i guess the term is bloatware)? I dont want to remove a program the OS may actually need.

2. I didn't get a windows 10 disc?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

1. is hard to have a list, since "bloatware" differs from models and regions.

Acer care center is needed

Acer quick access is needed

if you can post a screenshot of windows Programs and features installed software, we can try to help you

2. you need to create yourself an USB windows 10 factory reset media, just run Acer care center and follow instructions on how to create it.

or you can follow this post from Microsoft:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10/how-to-create-a-recovery-drive-for-reinstalling/58df9c7d-84de-4652-9952-8bac34abc6c5

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • f38urry
    f38urry Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

weedkill3 wrote:

My questions:

1. Can someone give a list of unnecessary software to uninstall (i guess the term is bloatware)? I dont want to remove a program the OS may actually need.

weedkill3 wrote:

My questions:

I also bit the bullet and made the Costco purchase.  I'm still in the throes of setting things up to my satisfaction.  Since I could easily go to whichever website I want to, I UNINSTALLED the following bloatware/junkware/crapware via the Windows Settings>Apps>Uninstall feature:

Amazon

Twitter

Kindle

March Of Empires War Of Lords

Norton Security trial (I used my own 10 device subscription - I also ignored the McAfee that was offered by Costco)

Firefox / Mozilla (I prefer to use Chrome, I made it my default in lieu of Edge)

Microsoft Office 365 trial

Sweetlabs App Explorer

Netflix

Dashlane Password Manager

I also unpinned or deleted the icons for the following:

eBay

Firefox 

Priceline

Netflix

Cortana

I'm going to take my time and look very carefully at all of the Acer applications, to determine which of them I might want to keep and which I might want to uninstall.