Fn volume control not working Aspire M5-481PT

Options
nimans
nimans Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

I have searched the forums but have not found a solution.  I have an Aspire M5-481PT with windows 8.1 64 bit.  I have installed the latest version of Launch Manager from the Acer website.  All other Fn keys work fine, but not the volume control, (fn+up and fn+down).

Anyone can help?

Thank you.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

nimans,

It sounds like you already tried the first suggestion I was going to provide. I am sorry that didn't work, however the only other thing I can suggest at this point is reinstalling the original operating system. See if the function keys work and if they do, then continue to upgrade your operating system.

• nimans
    nimans Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

You mean reinstall Windows 8?  There has to be another solution than -re-install Windows 8 and re-install all the software that I already have installed.  All the other function keys work.  I'm hoping Acer will release an update for the Launch program to fix this issue.  It's not worth the time and hassle just for the fn volume control.  I have to click on the icon in the lower right to control the volume, and that's a hassle, but still not worth re-installing the OS and all software.