F5 -573G-73BD - No bootable device message after windows update and restart laptop 8 days old

Scopra
Scopra Member Posts: 2 New User

I purcahsed this laptop 8 days ago I only started using it 4 days ago and already I have an issue. I chose the option to do a windows update and restart, upon the restart I get a " No bootable Device" so I enter BIOS to check the boot device the only hdd in the system is listed as the first boot device I saved and restart. Again I get the message no boot device so I restart and push f12 to access the boot menu however there are no drives to select to boot from. I access the bios again and enable the d2d option to do a recovery from the partion when I restart I hold down alt and push f10 to start the recovery however all I get is the no boot device message. Does anyone have any suggestions? I purchased ACER against my better judgement  as the tech person informed me that ACER had picked up their act and were now a reputable brand. I said they were not 5 years ago when I worked in the IT industry but he assured me that was no longer the case, moral of the story it seems ACER is still a ***** brand. I have contact ACER support I am still waiting on an answer. I purchased the laptop in Australia but have travel to Thailand for 2 months on holiday so I expect them to throw all types of roablocks in my path in my attempt to try and have this issue resolved.  Any suggestion appreciated.

Cheers

Best Answer

• Scopra
    Answer ✓

I will list the things I have tried to help others that maybe be experiencing the same  issue.

1. Checked the bios to see if the hdd was listed and was the first boot device ( it was )
    2. Saved and exited still received the no boot device message.
    3. reset Bios to defaults saved and rrestarted ( same error no bootable device )
    4. Restarted and pushed f12 to access the boot menu ( Hdd was not listed  -  no devices listed in the boot menu )
    5. Restarted and held down alt and pushed f10 to tried recover from the recovery partition that was after checking to see the d2d option was enable in the bios. Got a message that recovery was not possible.
    6. Tried select legacy instead of uefi int he bios ( same result no bootable device message)
    7. Tried removing power and letting laptop drain of charge then I plug back into power and restarted with the same no bootable device message.
    8. I then booted from a usb that I had a copy of windows 10 installed on I got to the point where you select the disk to install to I got the message unable to install on this disk as the slected disk is of the gpt partition style.
    9. I then looked up this error and watch a youtube video regarding using diskpart with the clean option which wiped  the entire disk including the recovery partition. I was then able to install the copy of Windows 10 I had on the usb to the hdd. I Logged onto acer id portal  and downloaded all of the drivers for the laptop.

Acer support is useless they responded to my logged fault by asking me to reset the bios to default and to see if that helped. It is a no wonder people get frustrated with ACER support 24 hours for that wealth of knowledge.

I managed to fix the issue myself I no longer have a copy of the recovery partition or the antivirus that came with the laptop, but I do have a working laptop which I can not afford to be without for more than a day plus I do not have to take back to acer repair agent which is miles away. Thanks for viewing my post and thank you for your assistance.
    Kind Regards
    Scott.

Answers

• I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience as I also have the same model without the "G" and works beautifully, you could try the following, one at a time but can not guarantee anything.

1. Try battery reset:http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

2.Remove the HDD and reinstall and see whether it makes any difference.

3.Remove AC adapter, leave the laptop switched on overnight, when the battery run down, reconnect the AC adpter and see whether it recognises the HDD.

HTH. 

• Scopra
    Answer ✓

I will list the things I have tried to help others that maybe be experiencing the same  issue.

1. Checked the bios to see if the hdd was listed and was the first boot device ( it was )
    2. Saved and exited still received the no boot device message.
    3. reset Bios to defaults saved and rrestarted ( same error no bootable device )
    4. Restarted and pushed f12 to access the boot menu ( Hdd was not listed  -  no devices listed in the boot menu )
    5. Restarted and held down alt and pushed f10 to tried recover from the recovery partition that was after checking to see the d2d option was enable in the bios. Got a message that recovery was not possible.
    6. Tried select legacy instead of uefi int he bios ( same result no bootable device message)
    7. Tried removing power and letting laptop drain of charge then I plug back into power and restarted with the same no bootable device message.
    8. I then booted from a usb that I had a copy of windows 10 installed on I got to the point where you select the disk to install to I got the message unable to install on this disk as the slected disk is of the gpt partition style.
    9. I then looked up this error and watch a youtube video regarding using diskpart with the clean option which wiped  the entire disk including the recovery partition. I was then able to install the copy of Windows 10 I had on the usb to the hdd. I Logged onto acer id portal  and downloaded all of the drivers for the laptop.

Acer support is useless they responded to my logged fault by asking me to reset the bios to default and to see if that helped. It is a no wonder people get frustrated with ACER support 24 hours for that wealth of knowledge.

I managed to fix the issue myself I no longer have a copy of the recovery partition or the antivirus that came with the laptop, but I do have a working laptop which I can not afford to be without for more than a day plus I do not have to take back to acer repair agent which is miles away. Thanks for viewing my post and thank you for your assistance.
    Kind Regards
    Scott.