Error installing windows Xp on my Aspire E 13 ES1-311-C4VK.Error is STOP: 0x0000007E.urgent help pls

Options
jahir
jahir Member Posts: 3 New User

I have tried so many times to install widows xp on my  Aspire E 13 ES1-311-C4VK.Xp cd boot first time then load something.After that, it show the error:

STOP: 0x0000007E(0xC0000005, 0xF73B9D66, 0xF78D9EA0, 0xF78D9BC)

acpi.sys - Address F73B9D66 base at F73AE000, DateStamp 480252b1.

i need urgent help.

And another thing i want to that its not possible to change sata mode from achi to ide.Is this possible to change?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

why windows XP?

it's no more supported by Microsoft and other software house and it's the best OS to have viruses, rootkits and other infections.

you will also had hardware/drivers issues like acpi.sys

if you need windows XP for some old software, try using a virtual machine or buy a second hand laptop.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

why windows XP?

it's no more supported by Microsoft and other software house and it's the best OS to have viruses, rootkits and other infections.

you will also had hardware/drivers issues like acpi.sys

if you need windows XP for some old software, try using a virtual machine or buy a second hand laptop.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

It's been a while since I played with XP, but I decided to install XP on an old laptop of mine.I got the same thing you did.

Change Sata mode to IDE mode and it will install.

• jahir
    Options

In my Bios, it only one mode in sata and that is AHCI.No Ide selection  option.......what can i do?

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Don't you have this "BOOT" screen? Hit Enter and change to Legacy.

This is supposed to be an ES1-311 Bios screen

okaivo.jpg

• jahir
    Options

Thanks for replying.i have tried both Uefi and legacy...but i can't change sata mode from ahci to Ide.I think it's fixed in bios.can not changable.