Enabling Hardware Virtualization in Acer E1-522

Options
Onii-chan
Onii-chan Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

DISCLAIMER: This is to install ArchLinux on VirtualBox to get rid of the x86-64 i686 CPU error NOT to boot up with ArchLinux.

As per the heading, I want to enable Hardware Virtualization. The BIOS my system runs on is InsydeH20 v3.7 and I see absolutely no indications on where I can enable Hardware Virtualization.
My task manager however says it's disabled, a 3rd-party software by Piriform known as Speccy says that Virtualization is supported and surprisingly enabled too.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have come here after going through tons upon tons of forums and videos, all with no good news.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

as far as i know, AMD-V is disable on Acer BIOS and can't be modified.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Onii-chan
    Onii-chan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I see. That's too bad. If you could, kindly, point me at an alternative to get it working it would be great.
    Would flashing the BIOS work? I know the risks so I've been keeping myself from doing so until I found an alternative but with this conclusion, I might have to.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you can only try to mod the BIOS but we can't discuss it in this board, there are better communities for that.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Spencertasa
    Spencertasa Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have an acer aspire E1-522 which was said it supports virtualisation technology but i could not find the option in the bios to enable it
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,599 Trailblazer
    Options
    @Spencertasa >>>acer aspire E1-522 which was said it supports virtualisation technology>>>

Where was it said? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ