ES1-512 need BIOS recovery guide from black screen with power, no boot

Options
Tombo
Tombo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I can't get this to work. First, using Phoenixtool on all 3 versions of bios on the web site for my ES1-512, none showed a name to use in a crisis disk. I was able to make a crisis USB stick eventually, and kept trying different bios names from the extracted bios files. None worked. I also did not know which usb port to use. I tried making a cd version, that too did not work. Finally, I kept trying different key combos, Fn Esc, Win key + Esc, etc. With so many permutations, I finally gave up. Can you tell me 1 - the exact bios name to use? (I got this from my friend who has no idea what the installed bios is) 2 - what port to plug it into? and 3 - what key combo to use?

Every time I've tried it, lights come on, it will try to read the cd for example, and then just stays on with the power light on but nothing happens. I have tried changing out memory sticks for known good, recycling the power by unplugging and holding power button down, trying it with and without battery connected, (I have the case open) etc. I'm very frustrated because I fell like if I just had clear instructions it would restore the bios just fine. I have done this with other systems successfully. Please help if you can. Thanks!!