ES1-331 Touchpad doesn't work (solved)

agneum
agneum Member Posts: 1 New User

My problem is that ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 (and chose not to keep your pre-installed mess and unwanted antivirus software) I haven't been able to get my touchpad working. 

EDIT:

It seems to me that your search function for the site was bugged, the first time I used your tool to copy and paste my Serial Number the tool wouldn't find the model. As of now, I still don't get any search results when searching for "ES1-331" on the site (using Google Chrome). It's extremely frustrating that a simple search for the model doesn't show up any results, and that in some cases you are directed to a "buying" page, instead of a support/drivers page. 

I'm still confused as to how the site works, fix this please!

I've already done the following:

-Windows Update (Up to date)
-Fn+F7 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad

Regardless, I've managed to install the touchpad drivers for Windows 10 before the download site went down. Installed for the correct OS (Windows 10 x64) rebooted, tried Fn+F7 combination, touchpad still didn't work.

EDIT2: I finally managed to get it working, I still don't know exactly what I needed, but I installed a few of the drivers I found on the site for the model.

Drivers found at www.acer.se/ac/sv/SE/content/drivers/-;YOURSERIALNUMBERHERE

For those with the same issue, try installing both Touchpad drivers (Elantech and synaptics) as well as the IO, Chipset, TXE drivers. Make sure you have all the updates from Windows update, restart your PC by turning it off compelely. Next try the shortcut combination again, press Fn+F7 firmly. Also go to your Mouce and touchpad settings in Windows and see if your precision touchpad is activated. Also try these steps with your USB mouse unplugged if you have one plugged in. 

These are all the steps I took to solve my problem, I still don't know why it started working suddenly.

Hope this will help someone in the future.

Note:
I strongly, strongly, suggest that you install Windows 10 clean. Not only do I have several gigs of free space on the drive (as opposed to having a few hundred megabytes). But my PC runs super smooth now, without all those MacAfee and acer software installed.