E5-771G-7283, Acer Aspire E17 annuler la dernière restauration du système (Mes Documents supprimés)

CarolynDunning
CarolynDunning Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Dear Acer Community,

Yesterday while translating a Word document, my screen displayed in negative, maybe due to Adobe Reader which now offers to display pdfs in white or black.

I searched but could not find how to get my screen back to normal white. Photos, for example, were in negative.

So I launched my first ever recovery of system since purchasing the computer in 2014. After the recovery, everything was fine, and My Documents were saved, nothing lost.

However, same negative screen happened again today after consulting pdfs using Adobe Reader.

Again, I launched "restauration du système" in French, which I think is "system recovery" or "system restoration" in English.

But this time, the system has been restored as if the computer just came out of the factory. I had not asked for that at all.

Please inform me how to cancel the last system restoration / recovery, if possible, in order to get my documents back. I am working on a long translation of 1000 pages in Word with many pdfs of laws that I need.

Of course, my main translation is saved on a USB stick, but many of my other documents are not, and it would save time to be able to cancel this last system restoration.

Thanking you in advance, Best regards, Carolyn