E5-771 crash while going to sleep

Options
w_kovacs
w_kovacs Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

for a few weeks I gave Windows 10 a try on my E5-771. Since then after working some time and then hit the power button (set to "send to sleep") the display turns black. The corresponding LED stays blue instead blinking red. To start again I have to hold the power button until hard shutdown and hit him again to start finally.

The Event Viewer shows nothing but "unexpected shutdown".

I googled a lot and tried a lot but can't find a solution until now.

I installed Windows 10 complete fresh, update Win and all driver with Windows Update

Installed newest driver from Acer Download Center incl. BIOS

At least I tried! For the video driver I got a message "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropiate driver from the computer manufacturer." How could I be possible that a driver from the manufacturer download center is not valid for its own product???

I tried a lot of other things suggested in different community boards but nothing works.

Sadly I can't find any information on my system why it chrashed or freezed.

Found anyone a solution? Or do not use everyone Win 10 on this system?

Regards

w_kovacs

PS: I changed the hdd to ssd

Answers

• w_kovacs
    Options

Today I recognized the same behaviour while shutdown. Laptop did not responding to any keystroke until I shut him down with holding power button for 5 seconds.

Am I realy the only one which these problem?

• Bashar98
    Bashar98 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Even I suffer from this problem but with different model [E5-571G]
    I've connected with Microsoft they proclaim its a problem with the hardware not the software.

I've noticed that only acer laptops are suffering from this problem (some models of course)

• w_kovacs
    Options

I connected with Microsoft too. In the end they suggested a clean new installation. Because the actual one was a complete clean installation (formated the whole disk) I saw no sense in it and decided to went back to win 8.1. Shortly later I I remebered a forum post I recently read. There was a suggestion that a upgrade from 8.1 to 10 would help. I thought is worth a shot and upgraded.

And what a wonder it works. No freeze since weeks.

Regards