E5- 573T

Options
vnyenty
vnyenty Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have received a new Acer E5 -573T laptop from my brother in Germany. It came with a Windows 10 Home 64 bit operating system and it is in German. I do not understand german and I will like to have it in English ir French. Can any one help me how I can change the Language from German to English if it is possible ? I have not been able to locate the Windows certificate and key in case I may need to re-install the operating system. How can I obtain the operating system key?

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Best Answer

• uncle_happy
    uncle_happy Member Posts: 6 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

To clarify on the previous post (since their copy of Win10 is in German, not English):

The 'Time & language' tile is the one on the bottom-right corner after opening the Settings app, and looks like a clock stacked with a letter A and a Chinese/Japanese character. In 'Time & language', further select the second option (region and language) from top.

Click the button with the large plus sign to open the 'Add a language' window. There, each language will be displayed in its own language, e.g. Deutsch, English, Italiano, etc. Click on one of the English languages (there will be US, UK, South African, etc.). Back in the language list you should see 'English <whichever dialect you choose>' under 'Deutsch'. Highlight English by clicking on it and 3 buttons will appear under it. The one in the middle is 'options'. Click that and you will be given the option to download. It should be something similar to 'herunterladen' or 'installieren' in German.

In the language list, highlight English again and click the left button this time ('set as default'). The language should be changed to English after a log-off or restart.

Source: https://www.howtogeek.com/232659/how-to-change-the-display-language-in-windows-10/

Note: you will need to be logged in as an administrator, and internet connection is required if the English language pack is not already installed. Also, I am typing this from a Linux computer and have no access to a Win10 PC, so anyone please feel free to add more details or correct anything I may have not gotten right.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Click start(Windows logo at the bottom left in taskbar), click the wheel, select Language and Time tile, select Language in the left pane, click Add language. You don't need the key as it's embedded in BIOS, so the system will automatically find the key.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

• uncle_happy
    uncle_happy Member Posts: 6 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

To clarify on the previous post (since their copy of Win10 is in German, not English):

The 'Time & language' tile is the one on the bottom-right corner after opening the Settings app, and looks like a clock stacked with a letter A and a Chinese/Japanese character. In 'Time & language', further select the second option (region and language) from top.

Click the button with the large plus sign to open the 'Add a language' window. There, each language will be displayed in its own language, e.g. Deutsch, English, Italiano, etc. Click on one of the English languages (there will be US, UK, South African, etc.). Back in the language list you should see 'English <whichever dialect you choose>' under 'Deutsch'. Highlight English by clicking on it and 3 buttons will appear under it. The one in the middle is 'options'. Click that and you will be given the option to download. It should be something similar to 'herunterladen' or 'installieren' in German.

In the language list, highlight English again and click the left button this time ('set as default'). The language should be changed to English after a log-off or restart.

Source: https://www.howtogeek.com/232659/how-to-change-the-display-language-in-windows-10/

Note: you will need to be logged in as an administrator, and internet connection is required if the English language pack is not already installed. Also, I am typing this from a Linux computer and have no access to a Win10 PC, so anyone please feel free to add more details or correct anything I may have not gotten right.

• vnyenty
    vnyenty Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Thanks very much for the support. I followed your adviced and struggled with the German language and finally succeeded in changing the language.

Many many thanks.