E5-572G Nvidia 940m Graphic Issues

Options
corriganspear
corriganspear Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello,

Ive been having Issues with my Nvidia graphics card. Ive had the laptop for about 2 months. It worked fine for 2 weeks, doing some light gaming etc. Then one day I tried playing a game using the Nvidia card and there was a bunch of colorful flashing triangles and such all over the screen (artifacting). This includes the preview in the Nvidia control panel. I have tried re-installing the drivers and reset windows but to no avail. Is there anything else I could try before taking it in for repair? It seems like a hardware failure at this point. I have always used it plugged in on a hard cool surface.

Thanks.

It was hard to get a good pic but you can see jagged lines and they will flash non stop anytime the card is being used. The Intel Graphics work fine.

Optimized-20160220_202908.jpg

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

a video will be better.

which windows OS version is installed?

nvidia drivers are from Acer or nvidia support website?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • corriganspear
    Options

Here is a link to the video: https://youtu.be/0BgW9dfebhg

I am currently using Windows 8.1 with the Acer supplied drivers before I had upgraded to windows 10 using Nvidia supplied drivers for about 2 weeks before I had the issue.

• IronFly
    Options
  • corriganspear
    Options

I did everything you suggested and that also included a full clean install of all drivers but the issue still persists. Would you think its a hardware issue at this point? Or do you have anymore suggestions? Thanks.

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

I don't know if this works, but set the graphics card to "Performace" and not Quality, this causes problems as the card can't handle the settings. This was the case whenever I set my intel graphics to Quality. It caused numorous graphics issues. You can try it and reply if it works.

• corriganspear
    Options
    Ive tried that already, it makes no difference but thank you for your input.
  • IronFly
    Options
    Hardware issue.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Call Acer Support, and ask for repairs. Sorry that you got a faulty graphics card.

• Lecma4
    Lecma4 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

what did you come up with?

i have the exact same issue!!

i bought a new acer and when i opened the first game, my screen showed like yours... traiangles and flickering stuff... then i saw an nvidia update, i updated and it crashed my windows every time it loads up...

reset windows, tried to install driver again, it failed!! all mt tries failed...

i just want to know what did you come up with, is it a hardware fault or software?

thanks,

• corriganspear
    Options
    Definently a hardware fault. Most likely the gpu when it kicks in. I sent it in for warranty and they replaced the motherboard. So far so good. Good luck.
  • Lecma4
    Lecma4 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options
    thank you