E5-571G - updating BIOS

Options
Kassandra
Kassandra Member Posts: 7 New User

I would like to update BIOS ver 1.31. I don't have any PDF file with instruction, only ReadMe file with information about version.

I read somewhere that I should first run two .bat files. So did I, but the first .bat file (Step1) causes my computer shut down with information: You will be logged out within 1 minute. Is that normal at all? When I turned my computer on I ran second .bat file (Step2), but then I received warning: Current region DESC does not have R/W rights.

My OS is Win10. Do you know how to solve this problem?

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello Kassandra,

Download this one from US website (Aspire E5-571G):

BIOSAcerUpdate ME code1.3113.1 MB2015/09/09Download

You'll find a PDF document with the instructions: BIOS Flash SOP_Service.pdf

France
  • MirkoB
    MirkoB Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hi,

I also tried to download one from US website (Aspire E5-571G) but the situation is the same.
    Can you help us with this issue?

Best Regards

M

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Have you done that:

1. Both folders must be in the root of C:\ (see page 1)
    2. Please click the Windows Key Shortcuts “WINKEY + X” on keyboard to display the Windows Mobility Center application, then choose “Command Prompt (Admin)”. Administrator rights

Note:

You will be logged out within 1 minute. Is that normal at all? Yes

France
  • MirkoB
    MirkoB Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hi laurent14,

Exactly like you posted I done that but without change. I have the same error.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Where you downloaded the BIOS?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Alex1976
    Alex1976 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I just made a bios update on E5-571G-35Z1 from ver. 1.24 to 1.31. Everithing was ok until the final restart when I receive the message "NO Boot device", I just scared... Then I read on topics and i found that i can acces the bios using F2 kay when Acer logo is displyed. Then I go to boot manager and I turn from UEFI to Legacy boot mode. Prtoblem solved. Just in case that somebody have the same problem. Still a question ... I use win7x64, is recommended to put a fresh copy of O.S.  after a BIOS update? Thank you !

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

no, not need to re-install after a BIOS update.

I'm not an Acer employee.