E5-553G-T4KV virtualization

Options
jkralj1
jkralj1 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives

I just flashed BIOS with v1.13 (30-11-16) and still no support for virtualization nor IOMMU.

I'm using Arch Linux, is there a way to unlock virtualization?

Best Answer

Answers

• ImTheLe
    ImTheLe Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Same problem. I really need AMD-V enabled on my laptop. The CPU supports it, so why is there no option in BIOS?

• jkralj1
    jkralj1 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I contacted Acer and they responded:

Regarding your query about enabling virtulaiztion in BIOS. The current BIOS does not have that option and once there is an update for new BIOS, you will be notified. 

• wrandecic
    wrandecic Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I have the same problem. My Acer Aspire E5-553G-T4KV running BIOS Version: Insyde Corp. V1.09, 3.8.2016. says:

Hyper-V Requirements:      VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes
                               Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: No
                               Second Level Address Translation: Yes
                               Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes

Any progress regarding this topic?

• ImTheLe
    ImTheLe Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I've been trying to find a way to manually unlock the BIOS but found nothing reliable so far..

Also tried reaching out to a local Acer repair service but they said they can't do it.

I guess we'll have to wait for the official BIOS upgrade :/

• HsinHung_Yu
    HsinHung_Yu Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options

I cannot imagine why Acer has to block the function of AMD-V... definitely, I would buy a commercial model if Acer has one with similar specification but this is the model with most powerful CPU I can find in the market.  So much desperate... been using Acer notebooks since 80486 era and all the way to Turion 64, back to Core i5 and my newest model with AMD FX-9800P, hoping to be the most powerful.  I even replaced the memory to 2*16GB DDR4 and 1TB SSD... but just only this little switch is annoying me.

• sakkela
    sakkela Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

So i looked at the start date of the thread and it looks like everyone has been having the same issue since early 2016. Acer has realesed a few bio updates since then, but none that addressed this issue of enabling hyper-v. I am starting to think it is time to give up on Acer. Dell seems to have this issue fixed.

• Sarbajit_Nandy
    Sarbajit_Nandy Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    jkralj1 said:
    Will it work with e5-553g-t9vu? respond plz.