E1-510P - Very slow.

Options
JPGRROCK
JPGRROCK Member Posts: 1 New User

I have had 4 Acers previously all of which handled my surfing, Facebook, games (no major gaming) without problem. This laptop is a dinosaur. Very sluggish and takes forever to load even simple FB games like Candy Crush, poker, etc.

1 RAM card slot and has an 8 GB card in now. Can this be upgraded or can something esle be done to load pages, games quicker? Very disappointed with the performance of this Laptop,

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

There can be several reasons for experiencing slow performance of your laptop. To help you optimize your laptop for better performance, please follow the link given below:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/optimize-windows-better-performance#optimize-windows-better-performance=windows-7

Hope this will help you.

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Depending on the game, the CPU (Guessing it's Intel Celeron N2920), is pretty slow itself, and the iGPU(Intergrated Graphics Processing Unit) is worse than most iGPUs, and is VERY limited, as shown in here: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-Bay-Trail.103037.0.html

And can only run games that do not need alot of "pretty" graphics. The CPU itself is VERY slow, running at around 1.8-2 Ghz, which will definitely limit the performace of your laptop. 

Laptops often have little upgrades possible to them, though it might just be poor connection or another OS problem. You might want a laptop with at least i3 intel cores and 8GB of RAM next time you buy it.

• techy
    techy Member Posts: 56 Troubleshooter
    Options

for what your trying to run that laptop should be fine, and no 8 gig ram is the max, the cpu - N3520 runs at 2.16 ghz and is soldered to the board so it is not upgradable but still should run most software fine, I do use an E1-510 for much of the same thing as you and all works fine, you did not state which operating system you are using, I do run Windows 10 Home version and all works fine, you do need to check what background apps are running as some are not needed and do impact performance and can be turned off, check in the task manager for progams that run at start up as they also impact performance and again some are not needed, using windows Defrag on the harddrive will help as well, Anti-virus software will also impact performance, the built in windows defender has a very light impact on the system and does a decent job, as well malwarebytes should be used as well {the free version is fine}, un-install any software you do not use as some of the default installed software does run in the background, update all drivers, some on acer site are outdated.