Dropped laptop, keeps freezing Aspire E5-571G

Options
Teke
Teke Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello, i have Acer Aspire E 15 E5-571G-584G running windows 7 64-bit. Few weeks ago i had my laptop in my backpack and i fell on it. I checked if the hardware is okay and cleaned/dusted the fans, MOBO etc. After that it worked fine for the first few tries but now it keeps freezing/crashing. I tried installing windows 10 but it kept giving me BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. 
Here's what i've tried:
1. Re-installing windows - didn't work
2. Formatting/cleaning hard drives - no issue found so far
3. Checked the hard drives with CrystalDiskInfo - no issue on hard drives
4. Checked the CPU and other stats with Speedfan and Speccy - few temp higher when i play games

5. Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic tool - no error was found 

Any other ideas and solutions to fix the issue or at least detect which hardware is failing..

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,164 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Have you taken out the memory sticks and reinserted?

• Teke
    Options

I have just did that, now i'm using it. So far nothing bad happened. I will keep you updated.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,164 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Glad to hear that, should be fine I guessSmiley Very Happy

• Teke
    Options

Sadly it did not work. Everything is back to normal again. I also found out that the laptop is crashing/freezing when i tilt or press it. Usually when i give enough pressure on the keyboard it freezes.

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Check wifi module is in tight. Drop could have jarred it and normally under keyboard area.

• Teke
    Options

I have checked the wifi module, and it's tight. But i've just came across an odd issue. When i press "R" key on my keyboard (only R) the laptop crash/freezes. Not when gently pressed, when pressed with a little pressure. Is that a problem with my keyboard or my Motherboard?

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

try an external usb keyboard to be sure. Then, open up, check area under the "r" key, look for pressure point or screw or something shorting out. Most likely a physical mechanical issue. keyboard itself should not crash computer. would just act wierd like not trigger or double tap or input incorrect.